“Happy, Healthy, and Connected: True Female Empowerment”
Where: Surfside Pedestrian Beach in Freeport, Texas which is close to home but far away from your regular routine. Surround yourself with the magic of the ocean and other like-minded women who support and encourage your growth.
The Gulf Giant is a spacious, beach house (9 bedrooms, 6 ½ baths) located right on the Gulf of Mexico less than 60 miles away! No need to go through or around Houston. Whether it’s experiencing phenomenal bird watching, playing in the ocean, or simply walking along the beach with your best friend, enjoy a weekend revitalizing yourself!
Friday, October 3
- 7:00 p Arrival and Welcome to the Gulf Giant!
- 7:30-9 p Movie, I Am, featuring Tom Shadyac, director of Liar, Liar, The Nutty Professor, Ace Ventura. Appearing on this documentary are such notables as Desmond Tutu, Noam Chomsky, Lynne McTaggert and others. Light hors d’oeuvres served during movie with discussion following.
- 9:00 p Your Choice: conversations with friends out on the deck overlooking the Gulf or walking along the beach, swinging on porch swings, board games, watching movies, quiet time reading, or meditating.
Saturday, October 4
- 8:30 a Breakfast served: breads, egg casseroles, steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea, water.
- 9:15 a DVD, Happy, from Academy Award nominated director, Roko Belic. HAPPY takes us on a journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the slums of Kolkata in search of what really makes people happy. Combining real life stories of people from around the world and powerful interviews with the leading scientists in happiness research, HAPPY, explores the secrets behind our most valued emotion. Discussion follows.
- 12:00 Noon Saturday lunch- healthy and delicious!
- 12:45 Embracing Ourselves Warts and All: Worthiness, Self-Compassion, and Resilience Presentation incorporating work by Dr. Brene Brown, Sue Monk Kidd, and others.
- 2:15 p – Restorative Time to lay around and do nothing, take a walk on the beach, swing gently on the porch swings, look at the Gulf, read, laugh.
- 6:00 p Saturday evening: Dinner at Red Snapper Inn with group (not included in price)
- 8:00 p Laughter Yoga with Andie Pope If you haven’t experienced this previously, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Be prepared to laugh!
- 9:00 p Your Choice – conversations with friends out on the deck overlooking the Gulf or walking along the beach, swinging on porch swings, board games, watching movies, quiet time reading, or meditating
Sunday, October 5
- 8:45 a Breakfast- same as Saturday’s
- 9:30 a Women’s Health: Body, Mind, and Soul – Presentation including checklists provided for your wellness goals.
- 10:45 a Wrap up
- 11:30 a Closing ceremony – You’ll not want to miss this!
You will learn
- there are specific skills which can be learned to experience Happiness or enhance your level of happiness
- how to accept ourselves with our vulnerabilities, learn self-compassion, and increase resilience
- what practices enable you to have complete health and wellness
Participant Cost: only $179 for clients, $199 for non-clients
Book after July 15th: $199 for clients / $219 for non-clients
*Clients are considered as having had sessions at Lifestyle Choices within past 12 months.
Lodging Prices at the Gulf Giant Beach House *:
Private Room, Private Bath – Ocean view $350
Private Room, Private Bath $300
Private Room, Shared Bath $250
Double Room, Shared Bath $200
Queen sofa sleeper, Shared Bath $175
Double Room (Full and Single) $175
Room with 3 sets of Bunk Beds: $100 (total 6 people in this room)
All costs are per person and are for the entire weekend. This includes 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, soft drinks, bottled water and snacks. This does NOT include dinner at Red Snapper Inn on Saturday night.
$50 Deposit secures your place as a participant.
$50 Deposit required to reserve your lodging.
Payment in full for both Participant and Lodging fee required by Friday, August 30.
No refunds after Wednesday, September 3.
MONTHLY PAYMENTS may be made on both participant and lodging fees! Accept cash, check, and credit cards.