Women’s Retreat March 18- March 20, 2016
“Happier, Worthy, and Connected”
Vicki Richards Upchurch with Lifestyle Choices held her latest women’s weekend retreat at Surfside Beach in Freeport, Texas October 30-November 1, 2015. This group of 25 ladies came together to be with other like-minded individuals for growth, fun, nurturing, and support.
Vicki’s retreat, “Happier, Worthy, and Connected” included viewing the DVDs The Power of the Heart and Alive Inside as well as a presentation by Vicki on the book, Happier, written by Dr. Tal Ben-Sharar. Special Guest speaker was Carla Powers, formerly Royal Dutch Shell’s Global Chief Litigation Counsel, who spoke on the topic of Worthiness. Carla discussed the pain, irrelevance, isolation, and sense of unworthiness that comes when we lose our status, money, and power. She authored the book Matches in the Gas Tank and is currently working on another book due to be published shortly.
The ladies were pampered with delicious food prepared by Chef Chad Richards and assisted by Terri Stock. Vicki left Saturday afternoon open as free time and the ladies were spotted playing Uno, walking along the beach, reading, sitting around chatting, and some disappeared to take naps and read. The last event was the release of butterflies to reflect how each lady is evolving and intentionally growing more beautiful every day! Please CLICK HERE to view the pictures from this previous event and then join us for the next retreat!
Next Retreat Coming Up!
The next Women’s Retreat will be held at Surfside Beach in Freeport, Texas which is close to home but far away from your regular routine. Surround yourself with the magic of the ocean and other like-minded women who support and encourage your growth.
The Gulf Giant is a spacious, beach house (9 bedrooms, 6 ½ baths) located right on the Gulf of Mexico less than 60 miles away! No need to go through or around Houston. Whether it’s experiencing phenomenal bird watching, playing in the ocean, or simply walking along the beach with your best friend, enjoy a weekend revitalizing yourself!
Friday, March 18
- 4:30p- 6:45 p Registration
- 7:00p Meet and Greet your friends and new acquaintances and grab a bite to eat
- 7:30p DVD, The Power of the Heart. From the director of “The Secret” comes this life-changing film about the astonishing power and intelligence of your heart. Featuring some of the most inspiring and influential icons including PAULO COELHO, MAYA ANGELOU, DEEPAK CHOPRA, ISABEL ALLENDE AND ECKHART TOLLE presents fascinating evidence that your heart is much more than a physical organ… and that it can actually transform your views of money, health, relationships, and success. Discussion follows.
- Your Choice: conversations with friends, board games, watching movies (bring your favorite!), quiet time reading, meditating, or catching up on sleep
Saturday, March 19
- 8:30 a Healthy and Delicious Breakfast served
- 9:15a Happier Presentation incorporating work by Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar, Positive Psychologist, based on the book, Happier, and the most popular course at Harvard attracting 1,400 students per semester! Dr. Ben-Sharar is dedicated to the happiness revolution and believes that if enough people recognize the true nature of happiness, we will witness society-wide abundance not only of happiness but also of goodness.
- 1:00 Saturday lunch- healthy and delicious!
Restorative Time to lay around and do nothing, take a walk on the beach, swing gently on the porch swings, look at the Gulf, read, laugh
- 6:30 p Saturday evening: Dinner at Red Snapper Inn with group (not included in price)
Immediately Following Dinner: Love Wash
- Your Choice – conversations with friends out on the deck overlooking the Gulf or walking along the beach, swinging on porch swings, board games, watching movies, quiet time reading, or meditating
Sunday, March 20
- 8:30a Breakfast- Healthy and Delicious
- 9:15 DVD- Alive Inside – A joyous and uplifting cinematic exploration of music’s capacity to reawaken our souls and uncover the deepest parts of our humanity. Michael Rossato-Bennett’s documentary was the most awarded documentary of 2014!
- 10:45a Connection: Wrap Up
- 11:30a Closing ceremony- You’ll not want to miss this!
You will learn
- 4 archetypes suggested by Dr. Ben-Sharar describing distinct patterns of attitudes and behaviors which affect our ability to experience happiness
- Specific skills which can be learned to enhance your level of happiness
- How to accept ourselves with our vulnerabilities, learn self-compassion, and increase resilience and know: WE ARE WORTHY!
- How music has the ability to reconnect us with our souls and others!
EARLY BIRDS: Participant Cost: only $189 for clients*, $229 for non-clients
Book after January 22: $229 for clients, $259 for non-clients.
*Clients are considered as having had sessions at Lifestyle Choices within past 12 months of booking.
Private Room, Private Bath – Ocean view $350
Private Room, Private Bath $300
Private Room, Shared Bath $250
Double Room, Shared Bath $200
Double Room (Full and Single) $175
Queen sofa sleeper, Shared Bath $175
Room with 3 sets of Bunk Beds: $100 (total 3 people in this room)
*All costs are per person and are for the entire weekend. This includes 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, soft drinks, bottled water and snacks. This does NOT include dinner at Red Snapper Inn on Saturday night.
$100 Deposit secures your place!
Payment in full required by Thursday, February 18, 2016.
No refunds after Monday, February 22, 2016. MONTHLY PAYMENTS may be made on both participant and lodging fees! Accept cash, check, and credit cards.
Book by January 22nd and Save!!!
Contact Vicki Upchurch to reserve your space